Proven Track Record
I have delivered on these key priorities in this recent term of Council.
• COMMUNITY CENTRE — construction has begun on the 65,000 sq ft, state-of-the-art community centre along Ninth Line in Churchill Meadows, including a pool and triple gym.
• NINTH LINE — together with public input, I made great strides on the official plans and land use policies for development along the Ninth Line.
• LISGAR FLOODING — I have worked with staff toward a resolution to address basement flooding and have worked with residents to secure subsidies to offset some expenses & minimize future risk.
- Supported the launch of a Canada Day festival in our northwest section of the city. Over the past three years, Canada Day Together Festival has brought on average 10,000 people together to celebrate our nation with amazing entertainment, fun activities for all ages and a spectacular fireworks display.
- Advocated for infrastructure improvements on seven trails and three parks/playgrounds where residents can enjoy spending time outside safely and close to home.
- Established several key relationships with members of the Peel Regional Police force, including Chief Jennifer Evans, as a member and chair of the Peel Police Services Board.
- Hosted four townhall meetings on public safety and crime prevention.
- Proud to be the first chair of the newly established Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee.
- Celebrated with faith communities on their key milestones in building places of religious assembly in or near our ward.
- Initiated several traffic safety improvements, including better sightlines for motorists accessing Tenth Line from side streets south of Britannia Rd.
- plus too many more to list them all.